You have the key to do as you will, the power of choice is still available to all. You are a slave if you prefer to be; you are a master if you will make yourself one. We are encouraged not to compare ourself to others. Many are presently suffering from anxiety and depression, because they refuse to heed counsel. Comparing fosters a spirit of competition and pride, and will kill your joy.
Here are some inspirational quotes to empower you.
- Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding. 1 Corinthians 10:12.
- But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbour. Galatians 6:4
- Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
- For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10.
- Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! 2 Corinthians 13:5
- For who make thee to differ from another? And what hast thou that thou didst not receive? Now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it? 1 Corinthians 4:7.
- For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:5
- 1 Corinthians 4:5,6 Let the Lord be the judge. He sees the hidden man of the heart. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, Who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
- Let your conversation conduct, be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5
- The beauty and delightfulness and favour of the Lord our God is upon us (Psalm 90:17).